The aptitude test for admission in India’s First Rail and Transport Institute NRTI was been announced yesterday and is to be held on 15/07/2018 Sunday.
1. Students who meet the eligibility criteria may take the NRTI Aptitude Test. Eligible candidates shall apply online, to select a test centre location and pay the application fee, between July 1 and 5, 2018.
2. Post July 5, students will receive an admit card along with details on the confirmed test centre location and time. The test will be administered on July 15, 2018 at specified test centres located across the country.
3. The final list of candidates will be selected based on NRTI Aptitude Test result ranking. The management of NRTI may call in candidates for a round of counseling following the announcement of the merit list.
All you need to know about this test is as follows.
- Mode: Computer-based
- Questions: 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Question Types:
- English Proficiency (25 questions)
- Reasoning & General Intelligence (30 questions)
- Quantitative & Numerical Ability (25 questions)
- General Awareness (20 questions)
- Time: 90 minutes duration
- +1 for every correct answer
- -0.33 for every incorrect answer
- Language: English
|Indicative NRTI Aptitude Test Syllabus|
|Proficiency in English Language||Error recognition||Recognising grammatical structure and usage.|
|Sequencing of Ideas||A set of sentences are to be rearranged to form a meaningful paragraph|
|Applied Grammar||Using prepositions, determiners, connectives, tenses appropriately.|
|Contextual Usage||Using appropriate words in the given context like cloze test|
|Reading Comprehension (one passage of 500 words)||Locating Information, grasping ideas, identifying relationships, interpreting ideas, moods, characteristics of characters, tone of the passage, inferring, getting the central theme, evaluating|
|Sectional Total||25 Questions|
|Reasoning & General Intelligence||Numerical reasoning||Inequalities, Alpha-Numeric series|
|Verbal reasoning||Coding-decoding, Blood relation, Direction & Distances|
|Critical Thinking||Decision Making (Syllogisms)|
|Data analysis||Puzzle & arrangement|
|Sectional Total||30 Questions|
|Quantitative & Numerical ability||Number System||Simplification (BODMAS, Fractions, Surds, and Decimals), Number Series|
|Arithmetic||Percentages, Profit & Loss, Discount, Simple & Compound Interest, Averages Ratio & Proportions, Time, Work & Distance, Mixture & allegation, Age, Mensuration- 2D & 3D Figures- Areas & Volumes|
|Algebra||Basic Algebraic Identities, Equations – Linear & Quadratic sequence|
|Data Interpretation||Be able to use the information given in graphs and charts (Line graph, Bar Graph, Pie chart, Table) to answer questions|
|Sectional Total||25 Questions|
|General Awareness||Geography||Mountain, River, Soil, Population, Natural resources, etc.|
|Politics||Indian Constitution, Basic laws|
|General Science||Everyday Science|
|Sports||Sports in India & World|
|Culture & Arts||Indian Culture, Dance, Art, Music, etc.|
|Current affairs||Important current activities like awards, Books, Politics, etc|
|Sectional Total||20 Questions|
Click here for the sample questions.
Source: NRTI Aptitude Test