You might have came across the word ‘Quota’ while traveling in a train several times. In this post you would come across all of them in brief. Subsequent blogs would provide you with the detail description of every quota to fulfill your eagerness.
In all there are 19 Quotas to serve the purpose of railway system.
|3.||HO||Head quarters/high official Quota|
|5.||PH||Parliament house Quota|
|6.||FT||Foreign Tourist Quota|
|7.||DP||Duty Pass Quota|
|9.||PT||Premium Tatkal Quota|
|10.||SS||Female(above 45 Year)/Senior Citizen/Travelling alone|
|11.||HP||Physically Handicapped Quota|
|12.||RE||Railway Employee Staff on Duty for the train|
|13.||GNRS||General Quota Road Side|
|16.||RC(RAC)||Reservation Against Cancellation|
Some Important points to notice about Quotas :
- These quotas have a definite percentage of seats in a train.
- All quotas are not present in every train (Like YUVA quota is only available in Yuva Express etc.).
- General Quota comprises of 50% of seats that are available for everyone.
- Every Quota is to serve different purpose (Like Parliament Quota is for MPs etc).
- Whenever any quota seats are vacant, at the time of charting all it’s seats merge into General Quota to give confirm berths to the Waiting List or are available as Current seats.